Top dozen players: Lars Hedegaard
Journalist and historian. As founder of the International Free Press Society (IFPS) he leads one of the most important international ‘counter-Jihad’ networks and has championed the cause of Dutch politician Geert Wilders.
- Founder and President, Danish Free Press Society, since 2005.
- Founder and President, International Free Press Society (IFPS), since 2009. The IFPS is an international umbrella campaigning organisation for a network of so-called Free Press [speech] Societies across the world. co-ordinate the activities of national Free Press Societies. The IFPS was launched by the Danish Free Press Society, and is based at the latter’s Copenhagen offices [or Frederiksberg]. The IFPS has championed the cause of Geert Wilders (Leader, Dutch Party for Freedom). It launched an international campaign, petition and Defence Fund on 21 January 2009 for Wilders in support of his freedom of speech to criticise Islam and also co-sponsored his speaking tour of major cities across the United States from February-April 2009.
- Former Editor-in-Chief, Information, Copenhagen daily newpaper.
- Addressed inaugural CounterJihadconference in Brussels on 18 October 2007.
- Addressed Die Freiheit meeting in Kiel, Germany on 11 June 2011.
- Co-author, In the House of War: Islam’s Colonisation of the West (Hovedland, 2003)
| top |